Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350 + AMG Kit
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I need to clean the fog lamp glass from the inside.
It is full of dust. I can barely see the light.

Any way to cleaning it easely?

Thank You all

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
They are a pain in the bum to clean. Probably best to remove the wheel, then try and get your hand inside the flap. Better still, maybe attach a cloth to a stick or rod of some sort so that you can poke that thro the flap, just make sure its long enough to reach the glass.
How come they got so dirty anyway ?

·
Registered
SLK 350 + AMG Kit
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in a farm.
My road is not covered by asphalt.

I'll try to take out the weel... I've got troubled minutes to install the fog lamp without take out the weels

·
Registered
SLK32AMG
712 Posts
You shouldn't have to remove the wheel to get to the lights. Just crank your wheel to one side. There is a flap that gives you access to the light on each side.

Living on a farm. That explains the air filter. Since you live in a dirty area, I would suggest changing the air filters more often than the manual recommends.

·
Registered
SLK 350 + AMG Kit
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bbsilver - 3/2/2005 6:34 PM

You shouldn't have to remove the wheel to get to the lights. Just crank your wheel to one side. There is a flap that gives you access to the light on each side.

Living on a farm. That explains the air filter. Since you live in a dirty area, I would suggest changing the air filters more often than the manual recommends.
When I crank the wheels by a side I have different aperture.
The right space is not ad much as the left space.
I don't know if this is normal.
Tomorrow I'll post pict to show the differences from left to right

·
Registered
SLK 350 + AMG Kit
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bbsilver - 3/2/2005 10:08 PM

I didn't have a problem getting to mine on either side. Did you crank the wheel the other way?
Sure I did.. the space is different..
Tomorrow you'll see

1 - 7 of 7 Posts