Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys, how can I increase power of the clk430. I know I can get the chip? but does it strain the engine? HOw is the remus muffler--does it add power? any exchaust suggestions?

·
Registered
190e 2.3l-16v
230 Posts
Supersprint is much better quality than Remus. Usually Remus is stainless steel tips and possibly stainless muffler if lucky. I have had a couple remus in past and they fit like azz.

Remus is made in Austria. Supersprint is Italian.

Contact www.beastpower.com - its a BMW M5 shopping site, but he is Supersprint distributer. He (Daniel) offers generous discounts.

Dont expect much HP gains from these systems. Maybe 5-8 range would be reality. Exhaust adds power due to having less restrictive bends and usually larger diamter piping to let exhaust gases escape faster, in turn the engine breathes a bit better.

Powerchip makes nice stuff and very well respected to having product that works.
www.powerchipgroup.com

Also check out www.renntechmercedes.com - but you can save a huge amount of cash running the Supersprint and powerchip.

·
Registered
CLK 430
29 Posts
Try www.SpeedTuningUSA.com for an ECU upgrade. It works great. Also www.*.com for a set of UD pulleys. In all that should up your HP by 20+ HP. I haven't seen any figures for the SuperSprint exhaust but Brabus also make a great sounding sport exhaust, not sure if that adds much HP either though.

·
Registered
1999 Clk320
239 Posts
yeah... some URLs are banned... and they get replaced with a "*". You have to type the URL out with
S P A C E S or with P.E.R.I.O.D.S.... etc, you get the idea.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANX FOR THE IDEAS. LISTEN, FROM WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY OTHERS, THERE IS SPEEDTUNINGUSA, AND POWERCHIP. BUT WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE PRICE, THE DIFFERENCE IS HUGE. ITS LIKE 300 FOR SPEEDTUNING AND 800 FOR POWERCHIP. DO YOU KNOW WHY THATS SO, IS ONE BETTER THAN THE OTHER?, ALSO DOES PUTTING THE CHIP MESS UP THE ENGONE IN THE LONG RUN?

·
Registered
CLK 430
29 Posts
Gorilla Beast - 4/16/2005 2:27 AM

Pulleys giving 20 HP gain on a naturally aspirated car??

Is this really true?
NO, not from just a pulley kit. E.V.O.S.P.O.R.T. claim a 6-8 HP gain with their UD pulley kit and combined with a chip upgrade from either SpeedTuning USA or Powerchip the total HP gain would be 20+ HP.

See http://mywebpages.comcast.net/speedtuningusa/SpeedTuningUSA/Homepage/products/dyno/kfmercedes-430.htm for a dyno using a SpeedTuningUSA chip.

·
Registered
2002 430clk;2005 Yamaha YZF R1;08 Range Rover Sport
1,290 Posts
I went to Powerchips site and e-mailed a rep, they claim power increases of 275 to 299 for HP and 295 up to 318 for torque, for 800 bucks

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
speed tuning claims same number of hp increase for $300. anyone have personal experience with either of the two companies? IF so, do you feel the difference?

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
keep us posted benzz

·
Registered
CLK 430 AMG
821 Posts
I agree w/ CHICLK430 buy a double nickel, i cannot see spending 8 bill'z for a dam chip that's only getting 8-10 more ponyies, to me not worth the investment.

·
Registered
2008 C350 Black
32 Posts
I'd be in but i have an '01 430,
let me know if you get a group together
you'd have to email me, i don't check this site everyday
loganboyd
hot mail

·
Registered
2002 430clk;2005 Yamaha YZF R1;08 Range Rover Sport
1,290 Posts
I am in for the 300$ chip benzz but doesnt that mean we have to send the ECU to have it upgraded?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts