Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I want to upgrade the audio of the (US)Audio 20 stock stereo in my SLK350 and was wondering what options I have? I know Steve at mlBenz can replace the HU but I don't care about having a Navi or even the comand HU all I am looking for is better sound but still having my phone and iPod integrated. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1999 E320 Wagon
367 Posts
An Alpine can do everything you want, but wait for the 2005 models (CDA985x line, x=1,3 or 5). IMO the iPod intergration was an after thought for the 2004 models. You can download user manuals from Alpine for the 2004 units and findout how the phones intergrate.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I can replace everything but I want to keep the Audio20 HU as that should keep the phone and iPod integration in tact. What I was thinking was replacing the amp(s) and speakers if possible and would like suggestions, also is there anything else I would need to replace to give the sound some depth and presence...

·
Registered
SLK350
834 Posts
I also have the stock Audio 20 in my new SLK350, and in addition to dvanlinge's initial question, is it possible to put speakers in the two speaker-grille type area (maybe tweeters) in the upper center console between the passenger and drver seats? I haven't seen the stock Logic7 system yet but i'd imagine that system has the speakers there.

Also, if anyone's done a subwoofer install, where would they do it? maybe 2 very small 8" boxes behind the seats? What's behind the carpet in our seats? I think it's our wheelwell right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts