Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2001 C240 and the service A warning light came up. I found out from the dealer that it is going to cost me $280 for basically an oil change and an inspection. I have no problems changing oils and I have replaced the front brake pads by myself. I know there is a way to get rid of service warning without a computer hook up to the car since I have seen a mechanic done it before. Any help on resetting the service warning will be appreciated.

Thank you for helping a newbie out :)

Cheers,

Tom

P.S. I tried to look through the threads for the info but I can't find any.

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
It is in the operator's manual. I can't be of more help right now because my manual is 12 miles from my location. If you don't have manual, post again and I'll post the instructions when I can.

·
Registered
C220 CDI T A & A200 CDI A
263 Posts
tmac - 5/13/2005 4:28 PM

Hello,

I have a 2001 C240 and the service A warning light came up. I found out from the dealer that it is going to cost me $280 for basically an oil change and an inspection....
Turn on the ignition. Use steering wheel buttons to navigate to the service interval display. Press reset button for some 10s or so. A reset note should apprear. Press the reset button again as instructed in the note. And there you go!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much. I will check the manual :) By the way, I think this is the best benz forum on the net.

·
Registered
2001 C240
13 Posts
Thank you very much. I will check the manual :) By the way, I think this is the best benz forum on the net.
Did you find it?

Did it work?

Could you post the steps please.

Been searching/browsing for an answer... Still no luck. Problem is the "service exceeded" message does not remain. It just pops up prior to start, then disappears. It is not in the malfunction list either.

PS. I realize this thread is kinda old... I hope you are still around, or someone else knows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts