Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1996 S600 (Sebastian), 1999 SLK230 Kompressor (Tie Fighter)
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new key with the infrared gizmo. it will open the door/trunk manually but it won't work in the remote button mode. i assume i need to program it. does anyone know how this is done? THANKS! [8D]

·
Registered
230E/230TE/S320/260E/320d
87 Posts
My S320 key fob battreis died and after replacing them the key fob wouldn't work. I cant remember the sequence of buttons to press etc.... but it explains it in the user manual. If you havent got one drop me a note and I will email you the instructions......I hope this is what you want. I'm not sure if the old key held a memory or if I re caliberated it, cheaper option is to try it b4 you ask your local MB dealer £££££

·
Registered
W140 S600 300D300SD
226 Posts
just aim the key at the back of the rear view mirror and press the switch for about 10seconds, thats what the mechanic did when i got my new key from hamburg germany.

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
Aim at mirror push button on remote twice, put key in ignition and turn to position #2 within 30 seconds. It is in the owners manual!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys for the info. pete, i looked in my manual and by golly you're right, it's in there! wayyy in the back under some obscure title. anyway i tried the 2 clicks and the # 2 key spot but it didn't work! i tried pressing the button short, long but nothing worked. the batteries are good and the key opens all the locks and starts the car but won't program. i even tried drebdy's method and it didn't work, soooooo...i'll return the key and have someone figure out what is wrong with it. unless, of course you guys have any ideas? [8D]

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
Did you get the remote at the dealer, I think they do have some sort of code. Does the red light come on when you push and hold the button? No light no work! Are there batteries in it?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got the key from a guy in an alley....long coat...dozens of keys and watches lining his garb....lol...

seriously though, i got it from a dealer...yea, like i said, i checked the battery power, hold and the red light comes on...even opened it up, the little suckers are in there! i doubt that they have a code because the manual says how to do it yourself. i'm going to have to take it back...the word defective comes to mind. THANKS! [8D]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts