Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
CL 500
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As all CL500 owners no... the suspension is a problem we all have or were gonna have sooner or later.... i wanna lower the car so it can be at a steady position, because everytime i turn off the car my car all 4 sides drop like a lowrider... but its totally normal when im driving...
any suggestions???? :confused:

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
Lower the car will not help with what you are having if not worse. After you lower, it will slam when you park judging what you are describing. I'd suggest flushing the ABC fluid to see if it helps with the drop when turning off. If not, your valves might be leaking.

You can lower your car via (most popular ways) either lowering module (more expensive) or links (cheaper).

What's the model year?

·
Registered
CL 500
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 2002 cl500.... i dont know man ive done everythin itll stop once in a while... then start again... some days itll drop some days it wont.... but when i drive it comes up and never goes down on me... but once i park its horrible

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
Like I've said, there is a valve block on each of the struts. Over the time they get leak because (more likely) that the ABC fluid and filter are not changed. While it's still not as bad, flush the fluid and replace filter would be the cheap way (costs few hundred at the dealer). Once the errors appear on your dash, it will cost a whole lot more.

·
Registered
CL 500
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thnx a lot bro.... and do u no where i can buy that filter... and is bleeding the system and flushing it the same thing?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey guys, anyone can tell me how cambiael ABC system filter, I removed the lid of the tank but it not change .
Greetings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts