Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K
Joined
·
39,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen this on a pinstripe? I really like it and would like to restore it later on. It does not look painted, more like a decal that was probably applied at the dealership when it was new. Any links or help would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
Joined
·
6,077 Posts
Digmenow said:
Has anyone ever seen this on a pinstripe? I really like it and would like to restore it later on. It does not look painted, more like a decal that was probably applied at the dealership when it was new. Any links or help would be appreciated.
You could get it redone as paint. A good custom paint guy could duplicate it and it'd last a lot longer than a decal. But it would probably run you two or three hundred dollars.
 

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K
Joined
·
39,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ScottinSoCal said:
You could get it redone as paint. A good custom paint guy could duplicate it and it'd last a lot longer than a decal. But it would probably run you two or three hundred dollars.
I don't know if I like it THAT much.
 

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
Joined
·
22,841 Posts
ScottinSoCal said:
A good custom paint guy could duplicate it and it'd last a lot longer than a decal.
Were you to get the pinstripe and emblem done under the clearcoat, it's good for the life of the paint. And a lot more refined than a decal.
 

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K
Joined
·
39,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can pinstripers REALLY paint a perfect circle with consistent thickness? I ain't talkin' Von Dutch, here.
 

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2021 SL770
Joined
·
46,428 Posts
Digmenow said:
Can pinstripers REALLY paint a perfect circle with consistent thickness? I ain't talkin' Von Dutch, here.
They can lay a small stencil down and do it. Why not?
 

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2021 SL770
Joined
·
46,428 Posts
No sir, I am not a pin-striper. They have their own tools, I'm sure. BTW, I've never seen that tape you have on your car before. Either done by a local dealer or a very enthusiastic PO.
 

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K
Joined
·
39,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^
Well there ya have it. I stand corrected. That looks perfect ron.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top