Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
1,903 Posts
Um ... delete the resonator? Any custom exhaust shop should be able to do that cheaply and quickly. Any place that does custom work can cut out the resonator and replace it with a straight pipe.

·
Registered
2006 c230 sport, 2006 BMW 330
279 Posts
go to a dealership, trade your car for a honda, and then visit autozone for the cheap mufflers they sell. Come on man its a mercedes and believe me the exhaust bothers you after a while. My buddy has an exhaust on his c320 and every single stoplight is annoying and when driving on the highway in his car it sounds too loud and like shit to me. All he did was a resonator delete as well. Believe me you're not going to like it after about a month.

·
Registered
2011 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon
1,023 Posts
go to a dealership, trade your car for a honda, and then visit autozone for the cheap mufflers they sell. Come on man its a mercedes and believe me the exhaust bothers you after a while. My buddy has an exhaust on his c320 and every single stoplight is annoying and when driving on the highway in his car it sounds too loud and like shit to me. All he did was a resonator delete as well. Believe me you're not going to like it after about a month.
I agree...i didnt do the resonator deal, but installed a Remus exhaust...driving around the town was great...driving long distance= headache!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I was starting to wonder if it was just me that actually doesn't like a noisy exhaust. The last time I did headers and exhaust on a car I had to have the system modified three times to finally get something that wasn't too noisy. I'd rather hear the S/C than the exhaust anyway, and that sounds lovely at full tilt, even stock. Hours on the highway are noisy enough without extra exhaust noise. If there were a performance benefit I could do it, but given that any benefit is tiny without headers on these engines ... meh.

·
Registered
2017 GLC 300 4Matic fully loaded... but for the heated steering wheel. Stupid previous owner! 😠
1,147 Posts
If you want to make it sound louder as well, buy a big can of coffee, cut a hole at the bottom and press it onto the exhaust tip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
information required

Hi guys
I need some information please share with me if you are sure with it.

my mercedes model is november 1996
and its c180 esprit automatic transmission.

my question is How many liter of oil is required for automatic gear transmission position because my car gears have problem and some one suggest me to change its oil filter and oil of gears as well. I called two mercedes garage the concern person of first garage told me 7 litre oil is required. and second garage told me 5 to7 litre. I am so confused by having two different opinion.
please let me know if someone has this expeience.
thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
You should start your own thread. You will get more answers.

The trans service is the same as the W210. There is a DIY in that forum. You need an infrared thermometer and the dipstick tool. You cannot drain your torque converter, so will need the lesser amount of fluid if you drop the pan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts