Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 C230 SS, 2006 Mercedes-Benz S500 AMG, 2008 CLS 550 Lorinser, 2006 CLK 500 AMG- Totaled :'(
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crack in the lock button of one of my smart keys, but the warranty doesnt cover that anymore. Is there something i can say/do to get the key covered by warranty? I dont want to have to buy a new key.

Also, my factory warranty is ending, i have extended warranty, but i know some things aren't covered pass the factory warranty. Should i have the dealer check anything in particular, or "complain" about certain things?

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2005 C230K Sport Coupe 6-speed! And now a 2011 GLK 350 4Matic in Palladium Silver!
1,122 Posts
I have read several posts saying the cheapest way of fixing the key is to buy one on Ebay and swapping guts.

·
Registered
2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
910 Posts
^ x2 with the key suggestion. I would like to do the same with mine to get the chrome key, but I'm too scared I will break something. When the warranty is ending, just say the transmission shifts weird at times, suspension noise and engine noise. That way most of the problematic places are looked over. As far as petty fixes make sure your instrument cluster isn't fading like most do and if the trim pieces under the windows are fading they will even replace those for you if your nice to them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts