Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ML 320
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I find out what's in (supposed to be in) the non-First Aid compartment in the hatch of my 2002 ML320? I assume this is some sort of road side assistance kit, but there is obviously fasteners for at least one item that is not present. I can't find any listing of the original contents of this compartment in the owner's documentation. Is it available anywhere online?

I'm also missing something from the compartment in the side wall directly across from the CD changer.

Apprecitate any assistance in figuring out what's missing so I can get a replacement. I would hate to be in the middle of nowhere and discover that I am missing some sort of safety or operating equipment I never even knew I needed!

·
Registered
99 ML 320 (dearly departed), 03 E 500, 05 FX35 (Sold), 07 Cayenne S (Sold), 06 Cayenne Turbo
616 Posts
The First Aid Kit should be in that compartment, well it is for my '99 320. I don't dare open my first aid kit...I guess because of heat there were goop everywhere in it so I closed it up and stuck it back in the compartment. Where is your first aid kit presently located?

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
The contents of the First Aid bag is basically your bandages,. Basically whatever it is you would find in first aid kits. Rather than go through the trouble of getting replacements, you could go to the local pharmacy and buy bandages, medical tape thingys, heating pads, disinfecting wipes, creams.

In the '02, (at least in ours) it in the tail gate itself, right next to the darned missing safety triangle.

:)

·
Registered
German Karts
107 Posts
asianml said:
In the '02, (at least in ours) it in the tail gate itself, right next to the darned missing safety triangle.

:)
I wonder why the safety triangle is not up to US standard. I pulled my safety triangle, just to see what its like.. its much much nicer (made by Bosch) than those in my Toyota.

·
Registered
2002 ML 320
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thanks for the responses. I wasn't very clear in my original post. The compartment I'm talking about is on the trunk lid NEXT TO the first aid kit. However, after reading this thread I think I'm missing a safety triangle.

Thanks for all the help. This board is a wonderful place for us new owners.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
ShreveportSooner said:
OK, thanks for the responses. I wasn't very clear in my original post. The compartment I'm talking about is on the trunk lid NEXT TO the first aid kit. However, after reading this thread I think I'm missing a safety triangle.

Thanks for all the help. This board is a wonderful place for us new owners.
No problem. Oh and welcome to Benzworld! :)

Are you in the US? They never put them in because they never met DOT standards for some reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts