Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 560sec-168K -Ext. Light Ivory/Int. Black/01 E320 4Matic Wagon Brl Silver/Black/ Mad '95 Q45
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When using lowering springs is there enough adjustment on the stock UCA to adjust camber ? are there adjustable uca's available do u shim the arms for proper angles ?

·
Registered
1985 500 SEC, 2005 E320
1,294 Posts
with my springs, the dealer was able to adjust them dead straight without a camber kit. they did a 4 wheel alignment and worked out perfect.
the alignment can be a little tricky with these cars. It's one of the only things I had done at the dealer. most small shops don't have the neccessary equiptment to align a Mercedes perfectly.

·
Registered
2006 E350 sedan
55 Posts
with my springs, the dealer was able to adjust them dead straight without a camber kit. they did a 4 wheel alignment and worked out perfect.
the alignment can be a little tricky with these cars. It's one of the only things I had done at the dealer. most small shops don't have the neccessary equiptment to align a Mercedes perfectly.
My alignment shop said that there aren't any adjustments possible in the REAR, is this true? my rears are severely negative camber cuz of my springs.

·
Registered
w126
1,535 Posts
From the factory there are eccentric bushings for the trailing arms. That's not what you're looking for though. I don't recall the specifics but there is an aftermarket camber kit for the rear. Its' been mentioned on the forum here a few times. You'll have to search for it.

·
Registered
1985 500 SEC EURO AMG/LORINSER; 1988 560SEL, 1995 S500 Sonderschutz
3,679 Posts
I had heard that you could also use eccentric bushings from a W123 that fixed this... Would have to find that post again. Try the Google.

·
Registered
1985 500sel and 500sec 2012 E63 1989 Porsche 911
5,606 Posts
My alignment shop said that there aren't any adjustments possible in the REAR, is this true? my rears are severely negative camber cuz of my springs.
this is true, there are no adjustments for rear, enless u get kmacs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts