Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

How About Some Real HP

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Hary Gahtoe 
#1 ·
#5 · (Edited)
My son & I did a 1JZ in a MX 83 last summer. We pulled it from a RHD MKII front clip. It had the OEM twin turbos. Love the sound that motor makes strung out. Nice drift motor. You "Can" change the turbos and with some injector/fuel work push 400. Problem is its all top end power. Not the pavement rippling NA almost 500 run all day long WFO big block hp a hemi can swing That is more what a W208 is. More of a heavyweight kind of persona

#8 ·
Yah Dats A Huge Girly Man V12. Its Still Girly Power

Thats a V12 7.2 L monster you girly man. How many V12's you think you can buy for $ 6000 ?
Dollar for HP, the 6.2L Hemi wins hands down against the Girly Motor V12.
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown: :surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender:

#10 ·
In Japan IS is Altezza

Big props on turbo motors. I own 2: 1JZ, 2.0 T
I've seen friends pulling down huge total hp lose a drag race because they stuggle putting down reliable power/traction. They just don't do well with autos.
Big block V8 power is perfect match for a MB auto hammering you back in the seat. Simple,fast, sounds cool FTW.

P.S. Nice Prelude.

#11 ·
sooo wouldnt our cars name technically change? clk61? :p

#12 ·
1JZ / 2JZ

Ok here it is.

In Japan several engines were put out

1. 1JZ twin turbo 2.5 litre
2. 1JZ single turbo VVTi 2.5 litre
3. 2JZ Non-turbo 3.0 litre (SC300)
4. V8 4.0 litre (SC400)

The same engine was used in several Toyota cars in Japan like the
Chaser, Mark II, Cresta, and Verossa. Not sure if those were imported to the US but before I got my CLK it was a hard decision between me getting the CLK and the Verossa 1JZ already kitted down. In Japan they have also dropped that engine in a W208.

My friend who has blown away a Charger 6.1 Hemi owns a 1994 Toyota Soara / SC300 that came with the 1JZ automatic which he converted to a manual seeing the car was made for both. He recently droped in a 2JZ engine and threw in a Garrett GT35R Turbo T3. Dual Ball bearing turbocharger unit.

He actually was originally running the 1JZ with the Garrett for a short time. I took his car for a spin after he converted it to manual with the Garrett and the only thing that I did not like was the fact that it took 4000 RPMs before the turbo kicked in. He said that it is lower now with the 2JZ, I have not had a chance to meet up with him to test drive it even though I did see it with the 2JZ. For those that wonder about the turbo lag, basically you have to lauch at 4000 RPM to get the full gforce experiance because when that Garrett kicks in....:thumbsup:

There has been only 3 rides that impressed me From Launch so far.

1. The new GTR
2. Mazda Cosmo with the 20B 3 Rotor Twin Turbo Engine
3. My friends Soara.

#13 ·
Hemi /CLK Marriage Made In Stuttgart

We have a 1JZ from a mkII in an MX83 Toyota. We use it to drift. Even with a 2J, its engine is too peaky for a heavier auto CLK. 1 & 2J's are iron block, make it as heavy as a 6.1 Hemi. JZE's need expensive intercooler piping, turbo electronics, and aftermarket turbos blowing the budget and making a torque monster 450 RWHP Hemi that bolts to our transmission the bargain of a lifetime

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.