Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1985 190D and an 87 300SDL
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you could setup possibly 2 forums, one for the older diesel engines and one for the newer diesel engines. I think there could be some interest especially in the older diesels. I know that I would be interested especially in a forum for diesels when/if I were to have problems with a diesel engine and want some help.

Thank you
Dan

·
Administrator
1998 Pano SL500; 1993 SL500; 2005 ML270cdi
8,841 Posts
We do have a diesel discussion forum on our sister site that is fairly well attended given the relatively small membership Mercedes-Benz Forum

This idea could be considered if some of the unpatronised forums could be removed.

·
Administrator
1998 Pano SL500; 1993 SL500; 2005 ML270cdi
8,841 Posts
Thinking again about this idea and discussions with other moderators, it would probably water down existing forums that have diesel engined models, also making searches more difficult with possible duplicated topics.

The diesel discussion forum at BenzForum is quite mature, and already has a wealth of information, so why not register there too?

·
Registered
12 GL450
13,900 Posts
No, we should have a diesel forum here as the OP suggested. It will not water down anything.

·
Surely A Large Human
MB Regretmobile
35,725 Posts
No, we should have a diesel forum here as the OP suggested. It will not water down anything.
Diesel engines are for schmucks and you're a schmuck for suggesting this. What's there to know? Pour the damn septic tank into the back of your car, drive it until it falls to shreds, then get another one because you ain't got the sense to come in out of the rain. There, I just saved countless kilobits of bandwidth (because most people who own Diesel engine vehicles are farmers who don't have internet access).

·
Registered
12 GL450
13,900 Posts
Diesel engines are for schmucks and you're a schmuck for suggesting this. What's there to know? Pour the damn septic tank into the back of your car, drive it until it falls to shreds, then get another one because you ain't got the sense to come in out of the rain. There, I just saved countless kilobits of bandwidth (because most people who own Diesel engine vehicles are farmers who don't have internet access).
Qubes has my full support to become a super mod.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-topic/1686720-qubes-suggestions-feedback-forum-moderator-2.html#post5551281

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Back when I was moderating, Kajtek1 made this suggestion as well and I took it to the "board."

I won't disclose the contents of the discussions, but suffice it to say I agree with Kajtek1, CR and the OP that having a "General Diesel Forum" would make sense. We have a "general MB" and a "General AMG," after all. Guarding against "watering down" is easy. You start with a good, knowledgeable person to be the moderator, and they can set up some stickies with links to threads in the other sub-forums. From there it only grows.

My .02...of course that's meaningless in these days of 16 Trillion debts. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,722 Posts
Not bias.
I can't count how many times I annoyed W210 and other sections moderators about diesel information spread all over the forum and very often members are directed to the competition for clear information.
Nothing wrong with competition, but I hate directing members from section to section on the same topics.
For those who are not familiar diesels from 1950's till 1999 on US models operate on the same principals. Yet the information about them is spread in several sections.
Cdi diesels changed the principals, but again E class, Sprinters, Smarts and dozens of other MB models that might not even be covered on this forum are operating on the same principals.
Looks to me that we might have change in Administration in last years, as Ron was giving us different excuses for the mess ;)
I will not even go into a situation when a member was able to buy advanced engine with digital control and somehow got an idea that converting it to gross polluter with mechanical injection pump make sense and is legal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts