Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I be careful dealing with Houston dealerships? I am considering a purchase from a dealership called 'Expo Motorcars'; they sell many luxury/sports cars on eBay and seem to have a decent reputation and rating. Anybody have experience with them?<br>
<br>
In addition, should I be wary of Houston dealerships in general? After all, there was massive flooding over there during the summer, and I am worried about buying a car with flood damage. In addition, I really don't think a 'clean title and history' from carfax.com proves that the car did not suffer any flood damage.<br>
<br>
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The only value in a carfax report is if it shows work done. A clean carfax report doesn't mean squat. I have a 911 that shows up clean on carfax after being in the body shop for 7 months!<br> rich<br> '01 E55<br> Black/charcoal

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the message Rich. I am planning on purchasing a 2001 E55, so I hope to have as much fun as you guys are having with your cars.<br> <br> I'll get a buyer's inspection from either a MB dealer or a German service center, or even one of those mobile car inspectors.<br> <br> Thanks again,<br> Hopkinskid

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought my CLK320 from Expo motorcars. However, I live in Houston and was able to inspect the vehicle myself. I would send one of those Auto Exam guys over there...that's what most buyers do because most of their business is out of state. As far as the E55s there, I have seen both the silver and the black one and both are in very good condition. I didn't see any evidence of accidents or flood damage. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spoke with Scott, who's been very helpful and agreed to a $200 deposit, instead of $2000! I'm getting the car inspected by AutoExam tomorrow morning, and if all goes well, I'll have my car on December 24th (takes 12 days to ship...ouch).<br> <br> Good luck with your car.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw that you looked at buying a mercedes from expo in houston.<br> <br> Did you do it?<br> Was shipping expensive?<br> Are they above board?<br> Who inspected your car?<br> Any contact info for the inspectors?<br> <br> thanks<br> <br> minor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts