Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
29,089 Posts
I have a nice 75 450sl that I owed for 32 years love the car, the heater valve will not turn off . any help
First bit of advice.....fill out your profile, please.

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,593 Posts
Do you have the system with the separate vacuum element attached to the heater control valve? If so check the diaphragms in the element. Also check the connection to the heater control valve. Makes sure it opens and closes the valve.

The metal control valve is no longer available. It is less expensive to switch the later model which combines the solenoid with the valve.

Attachments

·
Always Remembered RIP
6,050 Posts
Hea llosquad, I lived in centerport (prospect rd. ) and huntington for 30+ years, great place.

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,593 Posts
Then you most likely have the one piece valve and element in the second picture.

·
Registered
330 Posts
tk you rowdie for your replay .my vacuum element only has one red vac line to it .i would take pic of it but it at body shop, floor pans rotten.I found this link that has my set up I took a look at it is pritty straight forward I will have to trace it when I ge it back.

http://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/outside/11883/PROGRAM/Climate/83-020.pdf
Wow! Neat diagram. My late brother-in-law's 450SL needs the heating system fixed so my sister can sell it. I'll use that diagram to diagnose problems.

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,593 Posts
The link is also listed in the EGv107 Sticky. It is the 107 on line service manual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts