Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1980 U416, 1992 U1450 DoKa
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one

I am trying to get ready for a long trip south this summer (Total 5,300 Km round trip).
My truck is getting hot air into the cab thru the air heater, the hot air comes into the cab thru the air vents in the middle of the dashboard. I have already replaced the coolant fluid control valve (pricey$$) in the heater and blocked the coolant fluid flow by using a valve in one of the hoses and I still have the same problem. This happens only at speed.

What could be the problem?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1983 U1200 (parted out), 1979 U1700L
891 Posts
My 1200 dose it aswell.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like this is a common problem. I am going to do major "surgery to all the insulation, heating, sound-proofing "glitches" that my truck has now. I am going to completely remove the dashboard and all insulation previously installed in the fire wall and dog house. That includes removing the heater.
I will keep you posted.

Saludos

·
Registered
U1300L Turbo x 3
754 Posts
My 1300L doesn't??

I don't understand where the hot air would come from, unless the plastic air tunnel on the engine side of the firewall is loose or something. Have you verified that the water valve for the heat exchanger is actually "off"?

Chas Stricker said:
My 1250L Doka does it also.
Chas

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aaronsb said:
My 1300L doesn't??

I don't understand where the hot air would come from, unless the plastic air tunnel on the engine side of the firewall is loose or something. Have you verified that the water valve for the heat exchanger is actually "off"?

Yes, the valve is off, I even got to the extreme of cutting one of the coolant hoses and placing a valve there so I am positive that there is no hot coolant in the heater. I still get warm air flow inside the cab with the fan off. I will disassemble it in a week.
I will post some pictures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts