Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought CL500 week ago, and I noticed that sometimes when my car is on, it blows the hot air from below the car(drivers and passengers side), is it normal?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I noticed on my CL55 that there is a lot of heat from under the car when I open the door with the engine running, not sure if this is the same thing you feel.

·
Registered
2002 CL500
25 Posts
its normal

Yes, what both of you are experiencing is normal. When any car is not in motion, the only thing that can cool the engine is the radiator fan; this is the same for all makes and models. What you are feeling is the hot air being pushed out.

·
Registered
2002 CL500
25 Posts
But is it normal that air comes not from the hood area, but from drivers/passengers door ?
keep in mind, when the fan pulls in the cool (outsiede) air and pushes out the other side, the only place the hot air can go is out from under the car. It cannot come out from the hood because your hood is closed. Also, your exhaust generates heat too.

·
Registered
W220 2004 S500
138 Posts
This is normal for all cars. We just happen to have cars that run hotter than average and have very strong fans. Any heat that is pushed out isn't busy baking your engine fluids, rubber hoses and wiring harnesses.

·
BenzWorld Elitist
Mercedes-Benz
11,490 Posts
I wish they'd put louvers in the hood like XKRs have.
Mainly because it looks cool, but it would also help dissipate some of that heat!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts