Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 1990 190E 2.6 alternates between blowing really hot air (engine?) from the vents and outside air. Her AC is not currently working. Other cars like my 560SEC have a mono valve that when not operating properly can be the cause of this type of problem. Since the 190E does not have a mono valve (so I am told), does anybody have any ideas as to what the cause of the problem might be? Thanks.
Tom

·
Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,804 Posts
The climate control system in the US models have 3 vaccum controlled valves that open and close the various vents. It would seem that one or more of them are stuck. Unfortunately, replacing or servicing them requires removal of the entire dash.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just realized, I think the car does have a vacuum leak. The reason I say this is if your open the door too quickly after turning the lock, the alarm goes off. But if you wait 10 seconds, it does not. Could this be the cause? And if so, how do I find it?

·
Registered
1989 190E 2.6
25 Posts
Is there any easy way to temporarily disconnect the heat without disconnecting other vital systems.. (I have the same heat always on problem too). Money is tight right now, but summer is fast approaching.

Phil

·
Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,804 Posts
The easy way is to block off the supply line of coolant to the heater core. On US models, the supply line runs on the exhaust side and you can trace it from the coolant hose branch back towards the firewall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts