Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300e - 24
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have recently bought a 300e -24, 1992, 180k on the odometer and it has some strange problems
1) It is really hard to start when cold ( Have checked the OVP tested fine ) :(
2) Burning around a liter of oil every 1000 km
3) The oil pressure gauge is showing less than 1 at Idle
4) The car shakes like a joyride while idling although the idle is constant at 700 rpm

The car is great in driving, the question is should I go for the rings or should get the pistons changed as well ( according to the mechanic ).:confused:

Have checked a lot of posts and they have been really helpful and informative, great job u guys.

·
Registered
300e - 24
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i will have the mounting checked too, untill now i have had the alternator changed and battery, plugs replaced , one more thing is that i have read a lot about this Idle control valve even saw the picture in the posts but my car is bit different from the one shown in the pic.

·
Registered
Mercedes E200 black. Mercedes 300ce - sold.
761 Posts
#2 is normal
#3 it should be no lower than 1.5

·
Registered
1990 560 SEL & 1995 E300D
459 Posts
Valve seals! Your oil consumption is likely due to this given the mileage.

·
Registered
300e - 24
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i guess that i should get a comprehensive checkup done.... but the issue is that u know how mechanics want to swindle .... and i dont want go for the wrong things... i have already done the electrical basics ... but like i read in a post.... if its not broken dont fix it.. which is what i want to do.
Thanks for the comments will get the tests done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts