Registered
2005 E320 CDI, 2016 E250
3,199 Posts
Did I miss a backstory here???

·
Registered
'07 C280 4matic, '06 530i, '98 ML320
1,562 Posts
look at the connectors to the horns. Due to the snow/salt below the bumper (where the horns are located), the connectors get rusty.

·
Registered
1998 mercedes benz Sl500
30 Posts
I have a similiar problem with my 98 sl500. I took the horns off and tested both of them. They are both no good. Then I took a pair of voltage testers and checked the wires that were connected to the horns and got no reading or no juice. I tried with the car running and someone pressing the horn from inside the car and still no juice just in case. does anyone have any ideas. I also purchased two new horns a high and low frequency original oem parts replacements. I am awaiting delivery. however I feel without any power the horns will still not work. Does anyone know what it could be. I have been reading on the forum but not found anything definitive. Could it be the horn relay and if so where is it located. Also I checked fuse box and only found fanfare horn nothing else is that the horn fuse? thanks Torchtamer57.

·
Outstanding Contributor
2006 ML500 2002 ML320
17,659 Posts
You are on the wrong forum, but with the key on use a test light & check to see that both prongs on the fuse light.

The horn relay is in the underhood fuse/relay box, marked K39. With the key on, engine not running, have someone press the horn pad and see if the relay clicks. If it does then the problem is in the wiring from the box to the horns.. If it doesn't click then it could be the relay itself.

·
Registered
2002 ML 500, 1994 Ford Explorer donated to Doctors without Borders
2,126 Posts
i'm having the same issue with my horn. i haven't had time to check it out, but even though i have hardly ever used it in 3 years, since it stopped working i have needed it 3 times when some idiot has tried to come into my lane. wtf?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts