Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 ML320
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if there is a way to adjust the horn switches on the steering wheel to make it easier to activate. I had to use it last night for the first time and was surprised at the amount of force involved in order to make it go off. I know it has the drivers airbag in there so I may not have hit it in the right place so that might have something to do with this. It would be nice if I could adjust the force way down though.

Also I was expecting it to sound a bit more "authoritative" than it did. I was expecting more of a freight train like don't even think about it I'm a BENZ! What I heard was more of the sound a flatulent goat would make. I take it this bleating noise is normal?

·
Registered
1999 Ml430
351 Posts
The last time I used mine it lifted the roof of the Miata in front of me.. lol.. check your horns they are located front right and left behind the front bumper. You can see them looking inside the wheel wells. Maybe they are rusted.

·
Registered
2000 ML430 SOLD, 2007 BMW 328i Coupe, 2014 BMW i3, 2019 Honda Odyssey
2,982 Posts
It's easiest to press where the horn icons are on the wheel... e.g. more to the upper corners than the center.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
1998 ML320
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So press in the corners and get used to the goat noises?:D

I'll check the horns. See if the contacts are corroded etc. Perhaps it just needs more power to de-goat them or just get new replacement goats.

On a serious note was hoping there was some adjustment there. I still don't have that much strength in my hands at times so was hoping it could be tweaked somehow.

Tnx Guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts