Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz C200 sedan 2004 model
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I experience this problem a few weeks ago and search your forum and find topic regarding PCV vacuum hose below air filter box. I check last night below my air box from the front of the car and see a loose pipe. I pull on the pipe and take photo of it. Attached is the photo with small perished rubber pipe below the air filter box. I am pretty much sure this is the pipe and the problem with my car. Can someone confirm this. I contact the dealer regarding recall 20008020002 and they inform me that South Africa did not have any recall of this nature but admit the pipes are a problem. As my car is out of maintenance plan. They inform me I must bring the car in and they will send request for goodwill to factory and maybe they will cover some of the cost. I think when ever someone complain of similar symptoms on their car you should inform them to first check this hose as it could save them a fortune.

Attachments

·
Registered
'07 C280 4matic, '06 530i, '98 ML320
1,562 Posts
that hose looks like the hose that connects to the secondary 'air pump'. I'm not 100% sure about that... it's hard to tell. Others with C200 may be able to readily recognize that hose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts