Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '89 560SL cranks out heat better than my 2011 BMW. The problem - the heater only works when I start the car with the heater on "Max," defrost and automatic. A monovalve issue? Any suggestions? I'd like to fix the problem so that I can run the heater as intended. I know - I should be happy that the heater even works . . . but, this car is in awesome condition and I'd like the heater to work as it is supposed to work.

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
7,143 Posts
My '89 560SL cranks out heat better than my 2011 BMW. The problem - the heater only works when I start the car with the heater on "Max," defrost and automatic. A monovalve issue? Any suggestions? I'd like to fix the problem so that I can run the heater as intended. I know - I should be happy that the heater even works . . . but, this car is in awesome condition and I'd like the heater to work as it is supposed to work.
Damn you title made me laugh...!

I think you got more pbs than just monovalve. My initial thoughts are controller (you know, the push-button thing-y), sensor issues (famous disintegrated hose to the interior temp sensor behind dash), and/or combination of things (an't recall if klima relay could cause this). You didn't indicate if the other functions are working, ie are any vacuum pod issues (switching where air emits from).

Good idea to start with monovalve rebuild, 'though.

Check out the manual for diagnostics, annd search this forum for more info, and let us know how you get along...

ps: if you aint got a manual, check out the sticky atop forum for link referenced in the egv107 thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts