Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I recently replaced one of the cooling fans on my 1990, 190 2.6. To do so I had to remove the metal tube that runs between the two fans and the hood locking mechanism that the tube bolts to. <br> <br> Somehow during reintstallation this locking mechanism must have moved slightly and when I closed the hood I was unable to re-open it. I can pull the lever from inside but it feels like it does not have much tension on it and is not releasing the hood. If anyone has any suggestions as to how I might get the hood open again I would be very appreciative. Thanks in advance.<br> <br> All the best,<br> T.S. Harvey

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nate,<br> <br> Thanks for the advice. I tried looking for the latch earlier but will try it again. Its hard to see exactly where the latch is located, I'll try getting at it again. So far all I can see is the spring. Thanks again.<br> <br> T.S. Harvey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.