Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a different note....on my 99 ML430 it has no hood struts, but you can put the hood in two positions by choosing rod placement. Sure does make it easy to work under the hood..!

Does the 166 have a similar feature to raise the hood higher ?

·
Premium Member
4,445 Posts
On a different note....on my 99 ML430 it has no hood struts, but you can put the hood in two positions by choosing rod placement. Sure does make it easy to work under the hood..!

Does the 166 have a similar feature to raise the hood higher ?

They are like a 2 stage strut. Once it gets to the first stage just push it again with a little more force and it will come up to about 85 degrees.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wonderbar !!

Thanks Matt ! Works like a champ !! So glad that feature is incorporated into the Mercedes lineup.

V8..BI-TURBO !! With that amount of power it must be a beast ! What is HP and Torque rating on that puppy ?

The ML350 makes a GREAT stablemate for my tried/true 1999 ML430. SO MUCH more refined and all the bells and whistles...

·
Premium Member
4,445 Posts
Thanks Matt ! Works like a champ !! So glad that feature is incorporated into the Mercedes lineup.

V8..BI-TURBO !! With that amount of power it must be a beast ! What is HP and Torque rating on that puppy ?

The ML350 makes a GREAT stablemate for my tried/true 1999 ML430. SO MUCH more refined and all the bells and whistles...

Yeh it’s a great beast. I’ve had it tuned to 384kw and 750nm torque. It absolutely flies, I love it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
mattml430
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing