Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want the hood star, but like everywhere its just going to get jacked by some prick, anyone know where to find the removable ones? theres one on ebay but for s-class, cant seem to find one for w202.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah, it isn't 1994 anymore lol. I haven't heard of anyone's hood star getting yanked lately... I've been driving MB's since 2001 and none of my hood stars have never even been tampered with.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
They still get stolen... mine have never been touched... but I think I read over in W210 that someones was stolen recently... I don't know what the popularity is in Sask. for the stars... I am not going to worry about it, they are only about $25.00 US to replace... as long as they don't damage my car in the process of taking it.

I haven't seen the removable for cars where the star is on the hood (not attached to the top of the grille).

I just looked at the one for the S-Klasse on ebay... for $35.00 it might be worth a try... if it doesn't work you can always sell it...

·
Registered
1,733 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well ill go for it

Im gonna try the permanent one. but when i put the hood star on it, is its base just as big as the flat badge? Im not going to have any unpainted hood from under the flat badge or anything? Any issues going from the flat to the star?

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a removable star badge available from Germany (approved for safety by all their automotive regulatory authorities). I got one about a year ago. It's indistinguishable for from the original when installed. It just pulls out (strong magnetic fixing) when you want to remove it. Obviously more expensive than the permanent version. Email '[email protected]' for details. The Product Manager is Heimo Bley. It works perfectly on my 202 - C250 Elegance TD Auto.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts