Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got suggestions for how to re-attach the insulation blanket back to the underside of the hood? I would prefer not to remove the hood from the car to do the repair. Currently, the liner is almost completely detached and hangs onto the engine when the hood is open. Thanks!

·
Registered
2001 E55 AMG
3,294 Posts
Anyone got suggestions for how to re-attach the insulation blanket back to the underside of the hood? I would prefer not to remove the hood from the car to do the repair. Currently, the liner is almost completely detached and hangs onto the engine when the hood is open. Thanks!
Glue.:)

·
Registered
93 300E 2.8
101 Posts
I did mine without removing the hood. 3M super trim adhesive is the glue you want. Scraping off all the old foam is the hardest part of the operation.

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just checked out the 3M Super Trim Adhesive product listing and that appears to be exactly what I need. Thanks!

·
Registered
2001 E55 AMG
3,294 Posts
I got mine to stick back up on an old CE with stuff called "no-nails",it comes with different names...Basically it's what you use for sticking skirting boards and architrave on in your house...The biggest problem I had was that the insulation was turning to dust when touched.

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
12,744 Posts
Use the search function of this forum for "hood pad replacement". There are a number of threads with "how to's".

Jayare

1 - 6 of 6 Posts