Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

hood insul. wanted

886 Views 4 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  jason
thought i'd post it here, in case any of you guys come across one in your travels. i'm looking for the underhood insulation for my 93 190 2.6. a mouse got a hold of mine. thanks in advance and happy holidays! [email protected]
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,803 Posts
The hood pads are fairly inexpensive at the dealership, I think I paid about $60 for my 2....

The hood pads are fairly inexpensive at the dealership, I think I paid about $60 for my 2.3, but since they're so light, I imagine that you could probably get a deal online and the ground shipping would be pretty cheap.

· Registered
93 190 2.6
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had no idea they were so cheap, i never even thought of pricing one new. thanks for the ...

i had no idea they were so cheap, i never even thought of pricing one new. thanks for the reply, jason

· Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,803 Posts
There are some that think that the hood pad is unnecessary, but I think it's a pretty chea...

There are some that think that the hood pad is unnecessary, but I think it's a pretty cheap investment in keeping the hood and paint cooler and dampening some of the engine noise. It's also a flame retardant in case of an engine compartment fire. Installing it is best with two people and a spray can of 3M adhesive. Try to cross hatch the spray so that the smallest uncoated area is less than 3 or 4 inches square, otherwise you might get sags where there's no glue holding the pad. I found it easier to work from the back side (closest to the dash) and smooth and tuck at the grill side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.