Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 C230 Sport/1991 Porsche C2/2010 Audi A4 Avant
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the part number for the flat hood emblem, want to get rid of the star hood ornament and go with the flat one.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
You're best off with buying one of the kits from Performance Products or off of ebay. If you buy the flat emblem (available on most of the parts sites like autohausaz.com) you'll have to figure out how to mount it. I did that and it was a bit of a pain in the patootie, though I saved a few bucks. I'm much more happy with the one I ended up making a couple of years later, but that was a lot of work and time.

·
Registered
'96 C220 n/a diesel
393 Posts
to be honest, ur better trying the dealer for it, i know over here mercedes took out an injunction agains the spurious suppliers, who were importing the raised star from germany, and selling them for $15 less than the dealers, the 1 to ask for will be the 1 for the Sprinter or Vito, altho i'm not sure if u guys get the Vito over there

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
Ebay is absolutely awash with emblems, badges and stickers of all sorts.

·
Registered
2000 C230 Sport/1991 Porsche C2/2010 Audi A4 Avant
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will the ones off the ML or other models fit, does it matter what model it come from. sorry I'm a newbie with this stuff.

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
will the ones off the ML or other models fit, does it matter what model it come from. sorry I'm a newbie with this stuff.
The emblem badge off the ML is larger and I doubt will fit.

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes Benz - C230
198 Posts
got my flat badge emblem from Ebay....$ 19.95 plus shipping it came from california somewhere, took me like 20 mins to install mine.....:thumbsup:

just make sure you unbolt the hood piece right next to where the stock emblem is located at ...its just 2 bolts i believe 10mm in size ... needle nose pliers to remove the star and then replace it with flat badge

the one i bought is Black with silver AMG lettering on it....is so much nicer than looking at the Mercedes star all the time.

·
Registered
95 C220
33 Posts
Darn it, I just broke the star off of the hood on mine using the snow brush trying to clean about 2" of snow off the hood. I like the star and prefer it over the flat badge.
Anybody wanna donate their removed star to me. :)
I guess I can pick one up cheap at autohausaz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts