Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 420SEL, 89 560SL, 92 300TE
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone!

I made a little mistake a while back, and read-ended a Yukon. The Yukon's bumper rode over mine, and it took out the grille, hood, condenser, radiator, fan & clutch, and a few other bits. I had the repair work done, but now the (new) hood is mis-aligned. It seems to be too far forward and up and the front of the hood - about 1/4-inch higher and farther forward than the fenders.

Last week, a hood spring broke, and I replaced both of them. Now, the driver's side rear of the hood is about 3/8-inch higher than it should be. I know that on "lesser cars" the hood-to-hood-hinge and hood-hinge-to-fender mountings can be adjusted to relocate the hood. How is this done on our cars? I looked, but could not figure it out in the time I had. Has anyone ever done this, or should I visit the bodyshop at one of the local stealerships?

Thanks in advance,
Robert

·
1991 500SEC sub 50K mi. 1987 560SEC Now 150K mi. 2018
4,281 Posts
Hi Robert,

What does *Bump* mean? I've seen it a couple of times on these pages & I really don't know. It is usually associated with no reply...

Anyway, Hood adjust procedure from the W126 CDs. You'll see I chopped 'em up some to fit.

Cheers, MBL

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, MBL!

For whatever reason, I could not find this info on my CDs... probably too much work and not enough sleep.

*BUMP* is just what you put in a message to "bump" the thread back to the top. It is better (IMHO) to "bump" a thread than start a new thread if you got no replies to the original thread.

This looks like a "finicky" procedure- but I'll give it a shot this weekend.

Thanks again!

-Robert

·
4,281 Posts
Hi ROBERT,

I agree, *Bump* is a good idea.

MBL

Might you be interested in an index tool for those CDs?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, yeah! I've seen procedures in the CDs that I can never find when I go back to look for them... not the best design, IMHO. What kind of index tool do you have in mind? The actual information is in PDF files, which is not the "friendliest" format to full-text indexers and the like. I'd *love* to be able to search ALL the pdf files on the CDs... that would be fantastic.

-Robert

·
4,281 Posts
Hi OCStrider,

Here is my post about the CD Index tool.

http://www.mbnz.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1205338&posts=2&fid=12

Cheers, MBL

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, MBL!

I've downloaded the indexes, but I have not yet installed them, as I have already set up a web server to serve the files from the CDs over my network. I'll have to make some more space on one of my workstations to do a local install of the CD files.

Do you happen to know how these indexes were compiled? I have a "professional" interest in this, as I am a Web Developer. I assume there is a large manual element in the process.

Anyway, thanks again for your help- and I'll let you know how it goes this weekend - with before, during and after photos if possible.

Robert

·
4,281 Posts
Hi again, OCS,

I've really NO idea how the index was(& is being) done. sorry.

I do know there have been a number of people involved at one time or another. I think the best idea would be to contact Steve Nervig himself.

As Steve notes IE has difficulties reading PDFs. The IE browser for the Mac, at any rate, won't display a PDF even though the proper plugins are loaded in the expected locations. Firefox & Safari work great.

Cheers, MBL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts