Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever successfully programmed a Dorlec brand garage door opener with Homelink?

I am from Canada and Dorlec is a Canadian Brand.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Have you tried calling 1-800-for-merc ? One of the first menu options talks about assistance with programming garage door opening. That may be of help.

·
Registered
2007 GL320CDI
357 Posts
I had a heck of a time programming my Genie opener with the GL, ML and previous ML. The trick for me? Get under the opener and roll down the windows. I think the protectant on the glass blocks the signal. Crazy I know but it worked for me after what seemed like endless hours of pushing and holding little buttons.

·
Registered
07 GL450 05 645Ci
123 Posts
There is something about German cars! I've programmed 3 Bimmers with Homelink and it took forever...read the manual, try and try again. I have no idea what finally made them work but they did after about an hour each. The Caddy and an Expedition took the program first time. :confused:

·
Registered
377 Posts
boxboss said:
There is something about German cars!
Maybe it's a conspiracy to punish us German car owners :D

I just programmed my Genie a week or so ago and had no issues. I did notice that for newer openers that have a rolling security code, you have to take an extra step when programming. Check the manual.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I follow the manual and all I have managed to do is train Homelink to close my garage door when the GL is inside the garage.

It will not open the garage door at all. It will not close the garage door when the GL is outside of the garage. I tried with the windows and sunroof open and close.

The manual instructs us to try different angles and different distance from Homelink. Can anyone shed light as too which angle or distance work best for training Homelink.

This is so frustrating. I need to buy another battery for my remote with all this training. This is worse than teaching my 5 year old to do something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my new GL450 this past Saturday and the first thing I did was set up the HomeLink to it. I was able to sucessfully do it yet my E-class doesn't work still to this day...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have programmed my Genie with Ford, Toyota, GMC, Cadillac, and Infiniti vehicles, and the only thing that works for me every time is the following:

1. Put Homelink into programming mode in the vehicle (usually by holding the outside two buttons for like a minute). Have the remote that came with your garage door opener handy.

2. Press and hold the button on your garage remote and point it at the Homelink while in the vehicle; hold the button on Homelink you want to program. Be sure your car is out of the way of the garage door as it will probably open or close depending on prior position. Homelink should flash quickly to let you know it received the programming.

3. Next, get a ladder :) and press the learn button on the head unit of your garage door opener. Run to your car and push the Homelink button you just programmed until the door opener's light flashes. Now you should be able to use the Homelink transmitter to open and close the garage door.

Hopefully this is helpful!

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
alexh71 said:
I have programmed my Genie with Ford, Toyota, GMC, Cadillac, and Infiniti vehicles, and the only thing that works for me every time is the following:

1. Put Homelink into programming mode in the vehicle (usually by holding the outside two buttons for like a minute). Have the remote that came with your garage door opener handy.

2. Press and hold the button on your garage remote and point it at the Homelink while in the vehicle; hold the button on Homelink you want to program. Be sure your car is out of the way of the garage door as it will probably open or close depending on prior position. Homelink should flash quickly to let you know it received the programming.

3. Next, get a ladder :) and press the learn button on the head unit of your garage door opener. Run to your car and push the Homelink button you just programmed until the door opener's light flashes. Now you should be able to use the Homelink transmitter to open and close the garage door.

Hopefully this is helpful!
I have had no issues programming Homelink on all of our cars equipped with it.

If your garage door opener has rolling code, there's usually a programming button on the garage opener unit itself. At least with our Genie.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thanks alexh71 for writing the steps. That is exactly what I did and looks like it works for at least me, you and asian ml.

Maybe we can start a business programming German car buttons :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
AutoSaurus said:
I had a heck of a time programming my Genie opener with the GL, ML and previous ML. The trick for me? Get under the opener and roll down the windows. I think the protectant on the glass blocks the signal. Crazy I know but it worked for me after what seemed like endless hours of pushing and holding little buttons.
My BMW will open the garage from the end of the driveway, about 150 feet away. The GL needs to be as close to the door as I can get to work at all. You'd think Merc would have thought about this glass and put the transmitter somewhere else. I have the rear AC and apparently that makes things worse. Oh well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I finally managed to program the Homellink to open and close the garage door however it only works when the GL is in the garage. It does not work when it is just outside of the garage even when all the windows and sun roof is open.

Any more sugestions?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts