Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 C300 Sport 4matic
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to use the Homelink (Garage Door) buttons without the key being in the ignition? My '07 Jeep G.C. has this feature.

Thanks

·
Registered
2009 C300 Sport 6 Speed; 2008 E350 4MATIC Sport
955 Posts
Is it possible to use the Homelink (Garage Door) buttons without the key being in the ignition? My '07 Jeep G.C. has this feature.

Thanks
Seems not for both our C and E :(

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts

Thanks
So is your intention to push the car to the garage, without using a key? :confused:

·
Registered
2009 C300 Sport 6 Speed; 2008 E350 4MATIC Sport
955 Posts
So is your intention to push the car to the garage, without using a key? :confused:
No, but sometimes after pulling in, I have turned the car off before first closing the garage door. My previous domestic products have always allowed me flexibility by having the garage door opener wired to battery and not ignition.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
No, but sometimes after pulling in, I have turned the car off before first closing the garage door. My previous domestic products have always allowed me flexibility by having the garage door opener wired to battery and not ignition.
I understand that. Actually the MB OCP is also wired to the battery. It might work for a couple of minutes after ignition is switched off before the CAN bus equipment enter sleep mode. Or did you test it just after switching ignition off?

The circuit would not drain any significant amount of power if it was left active (assuming the control button was directly wired to the IC). Perhaps MB saw some safety issues and made it switch off (even if it had permanent power available).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts