Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for a 120 V unit. I tried a 12 V but there was a warning about it requiring 20 Amps on startup (there is a 15 amp fuse in the cig lighter circuit). I tried a 120 V from JC Whitney, which is really a piece of junk. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got a Craftsman 5HP 33 Gal compressor. The manual said '15 amp service,' yet it blew the fuse every time on the restart. So, I ran a 20 amp outlet into the garage and now I have air.<br> <br> Craftsman (Sears), or any comparable brand carried by Home Depot. It will run you a few hundred bucks. then save the money for real air tools ;-)<br> <br> George<br> '99 C43, with a Craftsman 5HP air compressor in the garage<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a Craftsman 5HP 33 Gal compressor. The manual said '15 amp service,' yet it blew the fuse every time on the restart. So, I ran a 20 amp outlet into the garage and now I have air.<br> <br> Craftsman (Sears), or any comparable brand carried by Home Depot. It will run you a few hundred bucks. then save the money for real air tools ;-)<br> <br> George<br> '99 C43, with a Craftsman 5HP air compressor in the garage<br>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts