Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to get in my car this morning and had to keep pushing the unlock button on my FOB finally after a few minutes it unlocked. I get in my car and the display goes crazy, the audio wouldnt work, the turn signals stopped working, the bright light indicator is on, it says teleaid defective. As Im driving down the road to work, the display decides it wants to work, then decides it doesn't. I get to work and the windows wont "snug up" like they should when you shut them. We had a pretty crazy storm here last night and I'm not sure if my car got hit by lightning or if its just that time on the car for everything to go hay wire. My big question is how do you re-sync the windows, its supposed to rain today and i dont want the interior all wet

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
So I went to get in my car this morning and had to keep pushing the unlock button on my FOB finally after a few minutes it unlocked. I get in my car and the display goes crazy, the audio wouldnt work, the turn signals stopped working, the bright light indicator is on, it says teleaid defective. As Im driving down the road to work, the display decides it wants to work, then decides it doesn't. I get to work and the windows wont "snug up" like they should when you shut them. We had a pretty crazy storm here last night and I'm not sure if my car got hit by lightning or if its just that time on the car for everything to go hay wire. My big question is how do you re-sync the windows, its supposed to rain today and i dont want the interior all wet
Hey bud,

Hmm... I suggest taking your car to your dealer and have them hook your car up to their STAR machine.

A while back, I had the same sh#t going on with my car.
All the dash and instrument lights flashing randomly (while driving too! :eek:), turn signals wouldn't work, radio wouldn't work, windows kept jittering up and down, mirrors wouldn't unfold... all sorts of stuff! :eek:

It was driving me CRAZY!!

After some extensive investigations, the fault was traced back to a control unit that sits under the passenger seat.

This unit controls alot of the CAM communication lines that allows various systems to talk to eachother.

My control unit was found to be sligjtly crushed by the passenger seat, which, as strange as it sounds, is apparently quite common.

I guess the unit can get crushed by the seat when it is moved? :dunno:

Yes, a design fault perhaps.

Anyway, when they swapped this damaged unit for a new one, all my problems went away!! :beerchugr:

This may be the source of your problem.

:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts