Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
1998 ML320 (W163)
Discussion Starter #1
There's a hole in the roof just forward of the hatch. The Cadaver had a rubber plug where the hole in my car is, but when I went to remove it, it completely fell apart. What would be the part number for this? Also, what is it even supposed to cover? It's about where an antenna should be.

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

W163 and General Mercedes Host

On a 98??

You never specified the year. ;)

EDIT: In addition, this is the epc for all ML320s, up to 09/2000.

Registered
1998 ML320 (W163)
Discussion Starter #5
You never specified the year. ;)

EDIT: In addition, this is the epc for all ML320s, up to 09/2000.
Okay, with that being said, what would I need to replace to get it back to factory spec? Right now I have to keep the hole covered with duct tape to keep the water out.

Registered
Dallas, Texas

Okay, with that being said, what would I need to replace to get it back to factory spec? Right now I have to keep the hole covered with duct tape to keep the water out.

Go thru the epc list I linked. Digest it.
You have several options but you would need to look at your data card to see what (factory specs)/options you have. If it did have the GPS or tele features, imo, I wouldnt be spending a whole whack of $$ to replicate those, when the technology has advance beyond the oem factory specs.
Perhaps, install the covers, up top on the roof, to keep the weather out and for appearance purposes. No one is going to use those antiqued features anymore.

EDIT: If it were mine, a simple rubber /polyU grommet would suffice

Registered
1998 ML320
Car came wired for cell phone/GPS. Those not equipped had plastic threaded plug that screwed into end on the cable.

#53 in this diagram
It's not threaded, just a push fit into the square grommet. The grommet on my '98 was crumbling and sticky. I haven't seen the same issue on 99 and later MLs.

If the OP has a self-serve junkyard handy, just go and pull the parts off of a car that didn't have the GPS/Cell antenna. And make sure to clean that duct tape residue off before installing.

Registered
1998 ML320 (W163)
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 98 parts car, problem was, when I went to remove the grommet from "The Cadaver". It fell apart, hence why I needed a part number.

Premium Member
1999 ML430
You are not likely to find a MB part number to cover the hole.

This is where you have to get creative. Not sure what color your ML is, but I would look for some way to fill the hole and then paint it to match your paint code.

Registered
1998 ML320 (W163)
Discussion Starter #11
You are not likely to find a MB part number to cover the hole.

This is where you have to get creative. Not sure what color your ML is, but I would look for some way to fill the hole and then paint it to match your paint code.
Witek gave the diagram for the part number, will order when dealer opens tomorrow morning.

Premium Member
1999 ML430
please share your results. My 2003 ML55 had the rear mount antenna (that is non functional). Would love to have a nice cover instead of the material I used !!

Registered
1998 ML320 (W163)
Discussion Starter #14
please share your results. My 2003 ML55 had the rear mount antenna (that is non functional). Would love to have a nice cover instead of the material I used !!
The cover is on backorder, the dealer will let me know in a few days if they can order the part and get it to me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts