Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased the 9006 fog lamp bulbs from hoen-usa. they claim that they are a complete match but thats what they are suppose to say to make a sale. i want to hear from someone who know anything about them or has seen them.

does anyone know how to change the fog lamp bulbs

thanks benz drivers

·
Registered
03 c230 k
92 Posts
i ahve the hoen bulbs there nice and bright for those who like to drive with light in front of them. They match pretty good unlike the city lights. Changing them isnt hard on passanger side driver side is a little tougher getting itnot he area especially if you have big arms like me, I had to have a friend to the drivers side.Just requires removing part of wheel well and squeezing past the washer tank

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so it looks like the picture in the advertisemint huh thats good to know. thanks for the info.

what have you done about ur parking lights? do you have matching lights for those too?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here are the instructions for the coupe. Some people say they work for the sedan, too.

On the driver's side, you must replace the bulb from under the car.

1. There is a panel just below the light. There is a seam between that panel and the one under the engine.

2. Remove the screw between these two panels and fish your hand up through the crack (no need to remove the panels).

3. You should feel the back of the bulb and then you twist it 90° then it should pop out. Replace bulb and put back in.

On the passenger side you can:

1. reach down from the top of the car and get it loose

2. from there I found a small hole on the underside of the car right below the fog light.

3. Drop the connector through there take off bulb and replace then, from top of car, reinstall the light

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HERE IS THE RESULTS. ITS NOT WHAT I EXPECTED BUT TO LATE NOW BC I DONT WANT TO PAY THE 10-22% RE STOCKING FEE.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea compared to the hoen-usa advertisment its very misleading. but the represenitive at hoen said they werent aware of the new fog lights in the 05 and they are working to remove the housing or design a brighter bulb. she said since i was the first 05 customer that she would give me a free pair as soon as she solved the problem and pay for installation.

ill keep you updated, but i wouldnt recommend buying the hoen bulbs just yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts