Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1982 300TDT 150,000 miles 1985 380SE 130,000 miles 1991 560SEL 81,000 miles (a/k/a the nightmare)
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that my HVAC works reasonably well now that I've corrected every other vacuum leak. I want to go ahead and do the work, but really, I'm not sure whether it is necessary right now. My clicky switchover valve is no longer clicking, all of the pods seems to be working, and all this from reconnecting the feeder for my door locks (I had plugged both ends of the system off) and fixing the vacuum leaks in the door lock system.

As far as I can surmise, the vacuum reservoir is fed through the door locks... but does the vacuum reservoir also supply vacuum for the HVAC system while it is operational???

Also, the temperature sensor in the dash works much better now that I cleaned ran compressed air through it. Does this unit ever go bad? George Murphy says never, but others say that it is delicate.

·
Registered
1985 300CD
2,137 Posts
At the yellow check valve near the firewall, there are two lines coming out. The solid yellow line supplies the driver door with vacuum, and the yellow with blue or black stripe supplies the reservoir. I don't believe there are any connections with the HVAC after that check valve (within the central lock branch).

·
Registered
1982 300TDT 150,000 miles 1985 380SE 130,000 miles 1991 560SEL 81,000 miles (a/k/a the nightmare)
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought, Chad... so, my only explanation now is that the warmer weather has fittings sitting tighter, and thus diminished vacuum leak behind the dash. It is remarkable to see the system actually work like it's supposed to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts