Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
C300 Sport 2010
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I found damage done to my BEAUTIFUL white 2010 C300 :crybaby2:

It was basically a hit a run, my car was parking in a parking lot.. of course it was left alone and some inconsiderate A-hole decided to graze the front of my bumper taking off my yellow side light. The guy/car also left scratch marks with part of the paint and the bumper itself shaved off ]: it is not too bad as you can see the picture below.

I took it to two places and the estimate from both body shops was for about $630.. I have yet get an estimate from the dealership today because the Benz service was closed, but I am assuming it would be even more or about the same price.

Does anyone know of any cheaper way to fix/touch it up??

Please and Thanks in advanced! :D

·
Registered
2008 C350 Blk with Gray (sold), 2011 E550 Cab, 1986 Porsche 911 Carrera/Targa 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback
230 Posts
Unfortunately, judging from the looks, it appears that a bodyshop would be necessary to return the car to "as new" condition. No amout of buffing etc. will satisfy an enthsiast like yourself. On the brightside, at least no body panels or paintwork will be required to any of the fenders or doors potentially lowering the value of the car down the road. Once this gets repaired, your beautiful ride will literally be as good as new and nobody will ever know!

The dealership will most likely just refer you to their authorized MB body shop. Their estimate should be pretty close to the others, assuming the other estimates were from reputable businesses used to dealing with higher end cars.

I know the feeling you have! I had just picked up a beautiful Audi RS 4 a few years back and some jerk off not only scratched it but left several small dings in the left rear quarter panel and rear passenger door. I had it parked in the last, furthest spot in a large parking lot with a cover on it and the moron still managed to hit it! Made me sick!

Sorry for your luck, hopefully what comes around goes around for the culprit!! Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
2013 C300 Sport Darth V 3.0
788 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. That will have to go to a body shop they will spray the whole bumper so it matches. A suggestion order clear side markers from E-Bay since they cost less than the price of one OEM marker.

A quick story while taking my Daughter to college we had to stop at a rest station, I was sitting in my car when this old man in a big a$$ old buick drives in and starts to pull into the spot next to me at a VERY bad angle. I open my window and look at him he stops his car inches from hitting mine then backs out. He proceeds to drive around the parking lot tapping other peoples cars intentionally. I got out and was going to write down his plate number when he hits his next car. The trooper in the unmarked cruiser didn't like getting hit at all.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Sorry to hear about the hit and run incident. Maybe you will find a good shop that will discount knowing no insurance company will be involved. Regardles, it's going to cost at least $500 to be fixed right.

·
Registered
'08 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
116 Posts
Im sorry to hear what happened to your car IwantsumCAKE.

Judging by how much damage is being shown in the picture it looks like the bumper needs to be removed and repainted/ clearcoated. Now is a good time to replace your stock (orange) side markers with clear side markers and you can get those from Ebay for $35 a pair.

It's just minor damage. Nothing that couldn't be fixed. I paid $400 to repaint my bumper due to minor to moderate scratches on the bottom panel. I got quotes ranging from $250 to $600 from local body shops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts