Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG Obsidian Black with Charcoal
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Perhaps there is a different forum for this question, but here goes...

Is there a place that I can purchase or locate a copy of my cars' original Window Sticker?
Can I locate the original selling dealer info?
I have a copy of the AutoCheck report. It starts on 07-24-03 with 6,604 miles. Nothing prior.

I have run the Datacard. Original delivery date is 03 07 2001 (July 03, 2001?)

2002 E55 Obsidian Black 197U

Thank you for any advise.

·
Registered
1959 220S cabriolet, 1983 240D original owner, 1999 E300 turbo diesel, 1988 560SL, 2003 SLK320
3,513 Posts
Used to be able to get a copy of it from MBUSA for free. Lately I hear that it now costs you to get it. Can't confirm that, since I haven't tried to get one for a couple of years.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your replay.

I e-mailed MBUSA and this is the reply I recieved. No longer free.

"Thank you for your inquiry.

In order to provide warranty history (MBUSA does not have individual maintenance records, these are kept at the servicing dealers) proof of ownership is required. We can advise there are no Recalls or Service Campaigns on this vehicle.

Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is happy to offer a Vehicle Information Packet. We will gather all information that we have on your 2002 E55
Requests can be processed by contacting our Customer Care representatives at 1 (800) 367-6372. Since there is a fee ($50) for this packet, please have your Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover card when calling. The Vehicle Information Packet will be mailed within 7 to 10 days. (MBUSA reserves the right to make changes to the above without prior notification.)

Should you be interested in either of these, please let us know.

The opportunity to provide this information is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Carol C.
Mercedes-Benz USA"

·
Registered
'05 E500 4MATIC
6 Posts
Thank you for your replay.

I e-mailed MBUSA and this is the reply I recieved. No longer free.

"Thank you for your inquiry.

In order to provide warranty history (MBUSA does not have individual maintenance records, these are kept at the servicing dealers) proof of ownership is required. We can advise there are no Recalls or Service Campaigns on this vehicle.

Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is happy to offer a Vehicle Information Packet. We will gather all information that we have on your 2002 E55
Requests can be processed by contacting our Customer Care representatives at 1 (800) 367-6372. Since there is a fee ($50) for this packet, please have your Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover card when calling. The Vehicle Information Packet will be mailed within 7 to 10 days. (MBUSA reserves the right to make changes to the above without prior notification.)

Should you be interested in either of these, please let us know.

The opportunity to provide this information is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Carol C.
Mercedes-Benz USA"

I'm curious if you ever decided to spend the $50 to see what the "packet" contains...???

I sent an inquiry to MB Customer Care and got the same form letter about the packet and the $50 fee. I'm tempted, but thought I'd ask if you got yours and if it contained the original window sticker (with pricing) as you'd hoped.

-G

·
Registered
103 Posts
hi guys,

I have on both rear windows a dark blue sticker (which has been stuck from the outside and has been on the car since inception) with some sort of code bar and a series of number.

Any idea what's it for?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did send away for the documents.
Was it worth the $50? Yes and no. I got the info that I was looking for, but the package that MBUSA sent to me was......anemic. I expected more. I did get a nice dark blue folder with the Mercedes-Benz emblem though.

The package included: That nice paper folder and 5 pieces of paper.
1. A thank you letter for purchasing
2. A truncated version of my window sticker
3-5. VeDoc: 3 pages of original components for my specific car. It included all the info from a Datacard reading, and more: Production number. Production plant. Shipment date. Interior equipment code. Tire manufacturer (DUNLOP). Radio/COMAND device number. E-call device number.

I wanted the original window sticker, and I received the information. Just not in the same paper format as the original. I called MBUSA and that is the only format that they have.
Was it worth the $50.....I'll let you decide. I have spent more $ on less things. After the initial disappointment of receiving 5 pieces of paper, it was worth it to me. Besides, I did get a nice Blue paper folder with the MB logo.

Attachments

·
Registered
'05 E500 4MATIC
6 Posts
I wish you could remember!..... from the fractional part of an image that I see it looks more like a "real" window sticker or true 100% reproduction. The one cudaized posted is better than nothing, but not quite the "real deal" either.

The russian site has apparently been "down" for quite some time so you can't decode VIN information there anymore. However, with some searching I found that this information can still be had (for free) by going to EPC-net Online and signing up for an account.

They will dump out all of the "SA" codes for the VIN, which can help explain paint codes, interior colors, options, etc.

The only thing that I still don't understand is that the three digit "SA" code doesn't always match what is described on the other documents. It seems like one set of codes is the "build" code, and the ones on the window stickers are more of an "Option code" which may consolidate several build codes into a single new 3-digit number and call it something else like "Comfort Package", "Performance Package" or whatever.

In any case, I'll probably spend the $50 with MBUSA regardless..... it would be fun to know the original price of the car (I'm buying it used) and there might be some extra build information in those other sheets that I haven't already located on my own.

-G

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
almost looks like similar info which is/was available through that russian
site after you plugged in your VIN.
The VeDoc is similar to any Datacard that you can access. Like this web site: click here (Enter V.I.N., then click North America, and then look in top right corner for Datacard link) or your dealer or parts department.

or as NH4MATIC suggested: EPC-net Online

I remember using that old russian site several years ago (for a different model MB). It had different information then what came in the MBUSA package.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I forgot where I got this piece of information some years ago.
That is the document that I have been searching for.
Please try and remember where you got it from.

Or........

Does anyone have thier original window sticker that they could scan?
Preferably for a 2002 E55?

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320(217K Miles), 2002 E320 Special Edition(183K Miles)
3,464 Posts
I forgot where I got this piece of information some years ago.
That is from the actual data sheet that was in the window of the car when it was on the showroom floor. It also contains the optional equipment fitted to the car, price breakdown, EPA fuel consumption rating, etc.

I've got mine still, but it's for an 2002 E320 Special Edition, not E55.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts