Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
C2D SLK32K
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking and decided since I have pictures of my car before and after all of the mods I have done it would be nice to show everyone a picture history of the development of my SLK32.
If you have the same pictures history please post away so we can see!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
C2D SLK32K
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And Finally!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK..lower than yours
1,567 Posts
OUT OF THIS WORLD SICKNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I give you props on one of the best looking SLKs I have yet to see, and probably the fastest ;)

I have to admit that as much as I like the contrast of your new wheels, I miss the "blacked out" look.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 55 AMG
132 Posts
tungster said:
And Finally!!!!

Your car looks great! I love this shot.

·
Registered
2003 SLK 230
41 Posts
I've been dying to ask about those door upgrades... do the doors still open as they normally would (out), then you push them up? Or do they open out and up at the same time? Also, do the doors still close with the same percision as stock? Any other stuff you can tell me about them? Considering the upgrade.

Thanks

·
Registered
C2D SLK32K
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
astro209 said:
I've been dying to ask about those door upgrades... do the doors still open as they normally would (out), then you push them up? Or do they open out and up at the same time? Also, do the doors still close with the same percision as stock? Any other stuff you can tell me about them? Considering the upgrade.

Thanks
Yes they open out and then up not both at the same time.

Here is a reply that I gave to someone who asked the same questions:

"The Lambo doors are very practical and I have never had a problem with mine. My shop did a set on an SLK55 and they looked sweet.
Do not get the US models as they only open up 10 degrees out and you HAVE to put the door up in the air to get out. Mine came from LSD Doors in Europe. They are a bit more expensive but you get a few things more than the US models. LSD Doors open 30 degrees so if you're in an area where you don't want anyone to know that you have them you can still get out with plenty of room without lifting them up. Also the LSD Doors are approved by the "TUV" Germany's equivalent to the "DOT" and the TUV are more strict on what they approve.....and last....they HAVE been crash tested. The safety alone is worth the few extra bucks.

US models about 1000.00 - 2000.00 without install
For the LSD Doors my shop charged me $5000.00 out the door. The hinges are $2299.00 for the R170 and R171. They took 3 days to install because every time they make an adjustment they have to take off the front quarter panel but on mine the alignment is perfect and I have had them for 1 year and have had no problem whatsoever. One day they had the front quarter panel on and off the car at least 12 times."

I hope that this answers your questions.

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
Then and Now

Nice idea to show before and after shots. Here are a few shots of mine. Thumbs get a little mixed up but one can see the differences anyway...

Attachments

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts
Hmm... Actually I can see what attracted me to the SLK before. Looks good both ways.
Cazzle says I just cant help myself changing things LOL :D

Bazzle

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK..lower than yours
1,567 Posts
back from the dead..............

even though im not done with the car thought it would be cool to show this.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts