Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My 18 month old B200T has recently started to slide back when stopped on a hill with my foot off the brake. It seems that the hill start assist function is not working.

Has anyone else had this problem? S it eay to fix?

·
Registered
2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
8,511 Posts
I've never even heard of "Hill Start Assist" on the B Class.

Tell us what your B Class manual says on this subject....and why not "Fill in Your Profile" to help us out...........

·
W245 Moderator
2009 C300 4MATIC
3,302 Posts
Just fund this article in French... I tested it, I think it works somehow on my 2006 W245, while stopping on uphill at a light, slowly release the brake after at least of one second of standing still... Nothing in the user manual other than ABS, ESP, BAS systems... Will test it again uphill and downhill...

·
Registered
2006 B200T
930 Posts
There is the hill hold function on these cars, not sure of its official name. When you are on a hill, and you let go of the brake, the car should not roll backwards. My car has it and it works. I've got a 2006 B200T. I'm not sure how long it is supposed to hold though, and how it is toggled on and off or if it is supposed to always turn on. All I know is that if my foot is on the brake and I let go of it, the car will not roll back. But if I roll to a stop on the hill without comletely depressing the brake, the car will roll back slightly. So, I think you need to brake completely to engage it. Not sure how long it will hold for, as normally I will start to accelerate within a couple of seconds.

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
The 5 speed manuals definitely don't have that feature. My two smarts do, however.

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
Maybe it's just the torque converter?

·
Registered
8,511 Posts
How do they explain it the B manual booklet?....and which page is it on..?

·
Registered
W123 '83 200, W210 '98 E200K, W212 '13 E350
1,842 Posts
Well, Mike makes a good point...if it's a shallow hill, the car won't roll back...just like it'll creep forward while level. So I'd check on a steep hill (no cars behind lol).

It could be one of those odd/fancy options they only get in Europe...like the oil level monitor on the Diesels over there. Anyone that thinks they have it, please double check, and specify if you have CVT and or Turbo.

·
Registered
8,511 Posts
The new W246,.. is equipped with "Hill Holding"...>>But do any of our old B's....??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts