Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put high speed ring and pinions in 406. It was ok on flat roads but very poor in even small hills. Truck has no horsepower to pull grades. You have to shift way down and go real slow anyhow even with fast axles. Better to just learn to love slow truck or go to some other vehicle or different Mog model.<br><br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think the 406 is the model I need. I would like to be able to attain highway speeds though. I understand the 406 was geared to about 46 mph. Is it as simple as changing the ring and pinion gears in the axles? I saw that the "cow mog" claims a 60 mph top speed. Can anyone tell me what is needed to achieve this?<br><br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
: I think the 406 is the model I need. I would like to be able to attain highway speeds though. I understand the 406 was geared to about 46 mph. Is it as simple as changing the ring and pinion gears in the axles? I saw that the "cow mog" claims a 60 mph top speed. Can anyone tell me what is needed to achieve this?<p><br>Yeah you the hard to find high speed axles.<br>I have the same delema.<br>I know of someone who could hook you up with a restored 416 (almost the same) with highway<br>axles and its fully restored.<br><br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<p>Hi Chris,<p>I think you'll find that a 406 at highway speed is a white knuckle ride. The 406 w/ 93" w.b. will wander quite a bit. I've had a 406 at 52 and you couldn't take your eyes off the road for a second. I'm sure the MooMog owner would agree. A 416 w/ 114" w.b. would be much more stable at speed. <p>: I think the 406 is the model I need. I would like to be able to attain highway speeds though. I understand the 406 was geared to about 46 mph. Is it as simple as changing the ring and pinion gears in the axles? I saw that the "cow mog" claims a 60 mph top speed. Can anyone tell me what is needed to achieve this?<p><br><br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts