Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
300 SE, 560 SL
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start my 300 SE, it revs up for an instant and then runs at normal idle speed. Any idea what would cause that?

Also, you guys all have me worried about the evaporator! Car has 97K,and never had an A/C problem. However, I rarely use the A/C. I prefer to drive with windows down and top open. By not using the A/C, am I prolonging the life of the evaporator? Making it worse? Or does it matter?

· Registered
89 300TE
288 Posts
Firstly, all Mercs idle higher for a lil bit when they are cold so it warms up the catylit...

Firstly, all Mercs idle higher for a lil bit when they are cold so it warms up the catylitic converter and less wear and tear. Its part of the car so dont worry about it.

Secondly, you should turn on the a/c in your car at least once a week for a lil while so you keep the seals moist. If you leave it off for an extended period, the a/c seals will harden and then crack. It doesnt harm your car to have the a/c on sometimes. As I have noticed, Mercedes build their cars so that its underestimated. The cars limits are alot higher than you might expect..

Christian

89 300TE
94 E280

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.