Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 E55 AMG
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

i have a problem With my car. It revs till 1200 rpm after startup. if I drive it BAS & ESP warning wil show up. Had it on diagnostic at Mercedes. rapport shows throttle possession sensor is defect tried changing the throttle pedal, and it got better, but still have this problem almost every month.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello.

i have a problem With my car. It revs till 1200 rpm after startup. if I drive it BAS & ESP warning wil show up. Had it on diagnostic at Mercedes. rapport shows throttle possession sensor is defect tried changing the throttle pedal, and it got better, but still have this problem almost every month.
It might be as simple as replacing the Intake Manifold Gasket but in my case (07' E63) it turned out be the Intake Throttle Plenum which the TB's mount to. It was riddled with holes! I brought my IM to RMT (Rebuild Master Tech) in Pompano Beach, Fl., and while I was rebuilding my Engine and Front suspension, I also bought 2 rebuilt OEM AirStruts from them as well when I went back to pick up my IM which, it turns out, needed a swapped out Top section as the little posts which hold the Breather tube driver side were disintegrated! I give high praise to RMT whenever I can! A very cool bunch indeed!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts