Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
W202 C220 CDI 1998
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. My high pressure fuel pump of my W202 C220 CDI from 1998 showed a leak yesterday.
I've redone all the seals and it has worked perfectly.
So pump back in place.

I was putting all the 3 bolts(the ones that hold the pump to the motor) across the high pressure fuel pump. Unfortunately one of the screws heads broke off when i was putting it in place(it also had some rust in the middle where it broke, so i can see why).

So now i need a new screw, and i would very much like to buy it new. Does anyone of you have a reference number for those screws? They're torx but they're male torx instead of female.

It looks like this:

Thanks

·
W163 and General M Gremlin
4,670 Posts

·
Registered
W202 C220 CDI 1998
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I call BS. Newly signed member and first post to offer fs items?
Tell me I’m wrong.
Anyway khomer2... I also believe so, but... In the screws i do need help cause they seem quite impossible to find lol. If someone has EPC to check or can give me a febi reference or original reference i would be thankfull.

·
4,670 Posts
Pierre, on the road right now. Will check for you when back on home base.

·
4,670 Posts

·
Registered
W202 C220 CDI 1998
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Pierre,
vin# ?

EDIT:
Review this link and see if part 50 is familiar.

Hey man. Vin # WDB2021331A698558

OM611.960
For part 50, no it's not like that, i'll post a picture asap. Its a bosch Cp1 high pressure 0445010008 in the front of the engine bay, picture coming right now.

Edit:
The pump is there,

The bolts are like that

Missing bolt:

The 3 bolts around the pump are the same

Also they look common M8 thread, but are they really?

·
4,670 Posts

·
Registered
1995 C220
2,832 Posts
The short answer is you can, and I would not have a problem with it on my car.

The longer answer, is that bolts are designed to stretch, and the harder the bolt, the less it stretches when tightened. The amount of stretch a bolt has helps determine the torque spec as well, and I am sure there are other engineering theories that would argue against putting a different hardness of bolt in there. Bottom line is, your bolt didn't break from stress, it broke from rust, which means the harder bolt is probably not going to make a huge difference. But it may give you some piece of mind.

BTW, anytime I need a metric bolt this is where I go : www.belmetric.com. They have a lot of great stuff on there, including the factory hose clamps, among other things. I dont think they had the specific bolt you were looking for, but they did have some flange bolts that would work, in a 10.9 or a 12.9.

·
Registered
W202 C220 CDI 1998
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The short answer is you can, and I would not have a problem with it on my car.

The longer answer, is that bolts are designed to stretch, and the harder the bolt, the less it stretches when tightened. The amount of stretch a bolt has helps determine the torque spec as well, and I am sure there are other engineering theories that would argue against putting a different hardness of bolt in there. Bottom line is, your bolt didn't break from stress, it broke from rust, which means the harder bolt is probably not going to make a huge difference. But it may give you some piece of mind.

BTW, anytime I need a metric bolt this is where I go : www.belmetric.com. They have a lot of great stuff on there, including the factory hose clamps, among other things. I dont think they had the specific bolt you were looking for, but they did have some flange bolts that would work, in a 10.9 or a 12.9.
Alright man, thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts