Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
C43, E320, G500
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just started happening to my C43. Off and on when the AC is on full blast, I hear a high pitch whistling sound. Has anyone else have had this experience? I had my compressor replaced about 4 months ago but never heard this problem until we went to a Bakersfield, California where temperature was about 107F. Now everytime the AC is on full blast, the sound would come on.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
MB
18 Posts
Maybe someone installed one of these in your car...

http://homepage.mac.com/howheels/ru...

Maybe someone installed one of these in your car...

http://homepage.mac.com/howheels/rubpics/woowoo.wmv

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
This just started happening to my C43. Off and on when the AC is on full blast, I hear a high pitch whistling sound. Has anyone else have had this experience? I had my compressor replaced about 4 months ago but never heard this problem until we went to a Bakersfield, California where temperature was about 107F. Now everytime the AC is on full blast, the sound would come on.

Thanks in advance.
I had a similar problem on my G500. The dealership never figured it out, but I found that adhesive foam tape is used to seal the joints between two ducts. On the center dash ducts, a chunk of this tape was missing, so the hole in the duct was "whistling".

It seems since it only happens at full blast, that it's probably not something wrong with parts of the A/C system, but really with the ducting.

I don't believe this type of tape is used in the W202, but I'm not sure. What you can do to track it down is find which vent the whistling comes from... then gently press on the vent to see if it seals up any leaks in the duct work. If so, you can do some further disassembly to get to it and find the real culprit. Maybe it has come loose or disformed over time.

Good luck.

-s-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts