Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear a somewhat continuous, high pitch, low decibel squeal from the engine compartment of a recent E350 30-60 minutes after the engine is turned off?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope....nothing.....imagine turning off the car and walking away....come back about 30-60 minutes later, touching nothing, but the completely parked car is emitting a high pitch squeal (high enough, one would think only dogs might hear it, and ours seem to!). The squeal is from the engine compartment.....dealer believes its related to venting some pressurized line, but says there is no fix.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Nope....nothing.....imagine turning off the car and walking away....come back about 30-60 minutes later, touching nothing, but the completely parked car is emitting a high pitch squeal (high enough, one would think only dogs might hear it, and ours seem to!). The squeal is from the engine compartment.....dealer believes its related to venting some pressurized line, but says there is no fix.
I think it was on the W204 forum where members claimed the same, the source being some AC pressure lines.

·
Registered
35,804 Posts
Might be the fuel tank vent as well. Didn't see those on W211, but in W210 I have 2 miniature air filters at the end of the tubings placed on the top of inner fenders. One is for fuel tank and have no idea about the other one. Don't think air conditioning would relese pressure 1 hr later, but pressurized fuel tank change the pressure with outside temperatures.

·
Banned
1,917 Posts
Might be the fuel tank vent as well. Didn't see those on W211, but in W210 I have 2 miniature air filters at the end of the tubings placed on the top of inner fenders. One is for fuel tank and have no idea about the other one. Don't think air conditioning would relese pressure 1 hr later, but pressurized fuel tank change the pressure with outside temperatures.
I can hear the high pitch near the fuel filler cap and under the intake area of the engine, has a solution or fix documented regarding this.

·
Purple Moderator
21,710 Posts
No there has not. Do not pay attention to Kajtek's post. He still thinks that any thing that can go wrong with a W211 is fixable with W210 knowledge.

If you have that noise then the best bet is to have the car scanned by a scan tool that can read every MB trouble code. The last time I heard anything
like that it was a an angry fuel filter. However it was checked with a scan first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts