Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Everyone! OK! I have not tried this before but my friend Steven told me I should.

He has a 1989 Mercedes 300SEL and I have an 02 Mercedes S500 sport. He said he will try this first but wants me to try it too. Pour a high octane booster fluid into the gas tank along with the usual 23 gallons or so of fuel already in there. He read the bottle and it says it is safe for all engines and it has no side effects. It is supposed to increase your horsepower big time and make your car VERY responsive and much faster to 60.

What do you all think? Try it? DONT GO NEAR IT? etc.
I am clueless on this but wanted your opinion!
Brad

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hmmm. Well I'm not ASE certified but It doesn't sound like a good idea mixing high octane booster with 93 octane I think your S Class will vomit, not to mention it could mess with your senors. I would run it by your dealership for a better answer. I know they will tell you right away that it will void your warranty and if something did happen
(engine components) if they could trace it or not. Sounds like a gabble to me. I'm sure your buddy's car will take it in much better than your car.

(S500) is fast enough I would consider the Power Chip which I think is a much safer route

My 2 Cents....

[^]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Off the subject but I have to ask you Chucky if you lowered your car? I notice that you recently purchased some 19". Did you have to lower your car? Or was it ok without lowering. BTW.. luv your new rims. I like to get some new rims but I'm debating between 18 and 19s. Reason being that I dont want to lower my car but want it to look right and maybe 18 is the way to go without lowering.

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi!

Nope - it is stock setting. I did not lower it at all. I just merely took the stock 18s off, and put on 19" AMGS with Michelin Pilot Sport SP2s.

Handling is night and day. I feel like the car now performs like a sports car. You really feel it in weird turns and curves, the car sticks to the road in a weird way unlike the 18s. IT feels like you are on a roller coaster. Ride quality is fine, I don't feel a difference.

Thanks for your nice compliments, i love the wheels too....have been wanting the 19s since i Bought it but I could never justify that additional $3000 expense to my parents until now :)
thanks!
Brad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts