Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a new car in the next couple of months and have been looking at the C55. I see a couple of them with 80k miles on them for around 18k. I was wondering if there were any major maintenance that needs to be done around that mileage and also what i should look out for on these cars. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I hear engine and transmission both strong, but the normal stuff will include motor mounts and other suspension related components to do wear/tear.
PL

·
Registered
2005 C55, 2006 ML350
9 Posts
I just bought (on Feb. 21, 2011) a 2005 C55 with 44k miles on it. I paid $18k for it and that included two sets of wheels and tires (one set of wheels are replicas and the other set is OEM). I think you can get a C55 with much less than 80k miles on for $18k-$20k. In fact, look on autotrader.com. There is one for sale in the Northern VA/DC area. It is silver/black with 47k miles on it. I talked to the used car manager about the car before deciding to buy mine. I think they were asking about $21k or so, but I can almost promise you that they would take $19k. Good luck and hopefully it works out for you. I just love my C55. It is so much more powerful than the 1999 SL500 I had (but I did love the SL).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts