Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Not sure of when the first badge is awarded (100,000 KM?). I do know that you don't apply ...

Not sure of when the first badge is awarded (100,000 KM?). I do know that you don't apply for it. When you bring it in for service, I believe the mileage is routinely checked. If you qualify, they give you the badge or even just put it on for you.

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
First Badge is Awarded at 250,000 Kilometers now

It must be applied for. A form is completed and must be signed by an autorized dealer agent. Then it is mailed in. You can call your dealer for an application. Usually in the parts department.

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
Does the cars have to be serviced by Mercedes Benz dealers to get the awards?

Does the cars have to be serviced by Mercedes Benz dealers to get the awards?

·
Registered
2007 ML350
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
service by dealer...

I hope not! My local dealer is a shyster! Have a great mechanic that has his own shop, only works on Mercedes. He's been in business since 1957...he's 71 years old now. I dread the day he closes shop. I asked him once, "If you were closing, where would you recommend your customers go for service?" He said...."you're all on your own!"

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
The service man here in town only works on Mercedes too. And he is around the same age as...

The service man here in town only works on Mercedes too. And he is around the same age as I am. So, I guess I'm okay. 71 years old and still working? Hope he is going to be around for you as long as you own the car.

·
Registered
380SL,560SEL,S600
87 Posts
Go to your Mercedes-Benz dealership. Usually, at the parts desk they will be able to give ...

Go to your Mercedes-Benz dealership. Usually, at the parts desk they will be able to give you one. It takes around two to five months to recieve it.

·
Registered
380SL,560SEL,S600
87 Posts
The car does not need to be serviced by a Mercedes-Benz dealers to be elligible for the aw...

The car does not need to be serviced by a Mercedes-Benz dealers to be elligible for the award.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts